[cairo] GooCanvas 0.3

Damon Chaplin damon at karuna.uklinux.net
Tue Apr 25 13:02:28 PDT 2006

I've put GooCanvas 0.3 (a GTK+ cairo canvas widget) up at:
  http://www.dachaplin.dsl.pipex.com/goocanvas/

This release adds pretty much all of my list of essential features:

 o New GooCanvasPath item (similar to SVG path element).
 o Accessibility support.
 o Keyboard focus navigation.
 o API documentation.
 o Convenience functions for coordinate conversions.
 o Smooth scrolling & zooming.
 o Zoom-independent text layout.
 o Render part or all of canvas to a cairo_t, for ps/pdf output.
 o New "visibility" and "visibility-threshold" properties for items.
 o New "pointer-events" property specifying which parts of items get
   events (like SVG).

It should be usable now. Though there will probably be a few bugs to
iron out.

The main thing I want to add now is an editable text item, like
GtkTextView. Other than that it depends on what features people need.

Damon