[cairo] mailing lists

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Apr 26 14:00:17 PDT 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:17:14 +0100, "Daniel Glassey" wrote:

> Does gmane http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.cairo do it well
> enough? I can see at least some threads crossing month boundaries.

Yes, it does a much better job at this. It doesn't look like it would
be particularly simple to get this setup on our own servers, (it's all
NNTP focused, so nothing like a drop-in mailman archiver). But it
does at least appear that the gmane software is available under the
GPL for anyone that wanted to try to attempt this:

	http://gmane.org/dist.php

-Carl

PS. Meanwhile, I keep thinking about git for storing mail...
I'm tempted to start experimenting with that for my personal mail
collection.