[cairo] Updated ROADMAP for cairo 1.2.0 (and beyond)

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Apr 27 13:07:07 PDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Dominic Lachowicz wrote:

> I was thinking that it might be preferable to do something like the
> following. It would give us a constructor with a default behavior as
> well as avoid the timing-specific set_vesion() function. What do you
> think?

The problems with this approach is that 1) it exports a lot of
functions where it's not really necessary, 2) any application
that wants to have a dropdown for such version/language-levels
has got to do a switch on the create function or use a table of
function pointers.  None too appealing to me.

behdad

> /* picks one of the two functions below, probably the 1.1 version */
> cairo_svg_surface_create (void);
>
> /* creates a SVG 1.1 compatible surface */
> cairo_svg_surface_create_1_1 (void);
>
> /* ... */
> cairo_svg_surface_create_1_2 (void);
>
> Best,
> Dom
> --
> Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"