[cairo] Cairo + OpenGL - other backends

Johannes Schmidt sdl at myrealbox.com
Tue Aug 1 14:00:06 PDT 2006

Hi Vlaf,

thanks for your reply.

Le Mardi 1 Août 2006 20:46, Vladimir Vukicevic a écrit :
> The bits that are compiled in/referenced are controlled through
> cairo-feaures.h -- you most likely left CAIRO_HAS_PNG_FUNCTIONS
> defined.  (If it's not defined, and you're still getting png-related
> errors, then some code isn't protected by CAIRO_HAS_PNG_FUNCTIONS that
> should be.)

I have disabled the png backend with
./configure --disable-png
(no define appears in cairo-features.h)

If I further disable svg, the linking error disappears.
It seems that sdl-svg-surface.c, line 823 uses some png functionality (namely
cairo_surface_write_to_png_stream) ...

It's version 1.2.0, downloaded on Aug 1, 2006.

> The only backend that's required is the image surface
> backed, and I -believe- at least one font backend; there was some
> discussion on the list a while back about removing that restriction,
> or supplying a dummy font back-end for such cases, but I'm not sure
> where that went.  If that's not part of the code already, you should
> be able to write up a dummy font backend pretty quickly.

Yes, it seems that a font renderer is needed ...

Btw, has someone already tried to add a backend to an already existing cairo
library (i.e. not compiling it in cairo itsself but in an app linking to
cairo)?
Looking at cairoint.h, it seems that most of the methods are not exported (and
explicitely hidden using the gcc visibility attribute).

Regards,
Johannes