[cairo] _cairo_color_compute_shorts fails with FPU set to single precision

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed Aug 30 16:43:56 PDT 2006

>> HDR values should never be illegal input;

Behdad> That requires an internal format with more precision than the
Behdad> current ARGB32.  Would be interesting.

Oh.  I made the assumption that the floats in discussion on this
thread were the internal format.

That they are not does put a damper in the works....

Behdad> To start with HDR, we can clamp after multiplying by alpha.
Behdad> That will make something like cairo_set_source_rgba (cr, 2, 2,
Behdad> 2, 0.5) do something different...

I'd still not clamp until actual output to an integer-only format,
whether a physical display or an image file.

P.S.  Apologies for any delays in replying; my spam box is running a
      couple of hours behind today.  Wednesday always is the busiest
      day for mail....

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0xED7DAEA6