[cairo] Re: Goocanvas: absolute-position animation and "update" confusion

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Dec 4 08:35:19 PST 2006

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:01:13 +0000, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> If you were using pieces on a chess board, you'd use each piece's
> transform to position it within the board, then
> goo_canvas_item_animate() would do what you want.

OK. So maybe it would make sense to update demo-item.c to position
itself with the matrix instead. (I was just using the implementation
of the demo as documentation so far and I found the non-matrix
positioning in demo-item.c and the use of goo_canvas_item_animate
elsewhere, and got confused when the didn't work together.)

> (The current documentation is slightly wrong, though, so I'll fix that -
> the arguments passed in are used for the final transformation matrix,
> not as offsets from the current one.)

Wait, which function is documented incorrectly? Is that animate or
translate? That sounds like the "relative vs. absolute" problems I ran
into.