[cairo] Test programs extension

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Dec 6 15:47:56 PST 2006

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:27:25 +0100 (CET), "Peter Weilbacher (Mozilla)" wrote:
> The question is now: can $(EXEEXT) be added to all test programs in
> test/Makefile.am?

Please do what you need to fix the Makefiles for your platform,
(without breaking them for others of course).

I'm less picky about the contents of the Makefiles than I am about
cairo.h, for example, since end users don't typically look in the
Makefiles so clutter there is not as big a deal.

> I still have to figure out which of the tests actually make sense on
> OS/2 but I guess most of them should...

I would hope you would test everything. As for the possibility of
results being slightly different, you can provide backend-specific
reference images. For example, the SVG backend sometimes overrides the
default reference images such as:

	text-pattern-ref.png
	text-pattern-rgb24-ref.png

with things like:

	text-pattern-svg-argb32-ref.png
	text-pattern-svg-rgb24-ref.png

Meanwhile, we're in the process of integrating perceptualdiff which we
hope will let us largely eliminate the need for backend-specific
reference images. I'll have more on that shortly I hope.

-Carl

PS. While we're on the topic of the test suite, I recently ran into
the following problem:

	$ make clean
	/bin/sh: /bin/rm: Argument list too long

Anyone care to tackle a reorganization of our test suite to fix that
bug?