[cairo] Mixing Cairo & Traditional 3D:

Mirco "MacSlow" Müller macslow at bangang.de
Sat Feb 11 08:50:35 PST 2006

Am Dienstag, den 07.02.2006, 19:17 -0500 schrieb Jeremy Moles:

> I wasn't expecting an immediate response to this or anything, so I'm...

	I'm trying to achieve the same thing you do... mix pure OpenGL with
cairo/glitz rendering. Sofar without any success. I want to use
cairo/glitz to draw UI-elements "hovering" over my main GL-context.

	I also messed around with the cairogears example and also tried to
tweak your cairo.cpp without any luck :( This is really discouraging
atm. This would be a powerful combination if it worked.

	Even the hints from Carl Worth on IRC did not help unfortunately. He
told me that the general scheme when dealing with "foreign" drawing into
a cairo-surface looks like this:

	while (1)
	{
		do_cairo_drawing (...);
		cairo_surface_flush (...);
		do_non_cairo_drawing (...);
		cairo_surface_mark_dirty (...);
	}

But the stuff I'm interested in getting to work is something like:

	while (1)
	{
		do_gl_drawing (...);
		do_cairo_drawing (...);
		flush_or_swap_stuff (...);
	}

	Any help form somebody with more insight into this issue is greatly
appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards...

MacSlow