[cairo] Question about scale-source-surface-paint test

Emmanuel Pacaud emmanuel.pacaud at univ-poitiers.fr
Sun Feb 12 04:53:14 PST 2006

Hi,

Yesterday, I was trying to make SVG backend pass
scale-source-surface-paint test:

http://cvs.freedesktop.org/cairo/cairo/test/scale-source-surface-paint.c?rev=1.4&view=markup

SVG backend fails because its output, converted to png via librsvg,
doesn't have sharp edges, as you can see on left side of attached
screenshot, where inkscape renders correctly.

I've found that cairo calls emitted by librsvg when it renders SVG file
produced by the SVG backend are the same as those one can find in
scale-source-surface-paint.c, except for an extra call to
cairo_pattern_set_filter in test program.

That's this call that makes edge sharp when rendered via image backend.

But I don't understand the reason for this call, because it seems to
hide a bug in cairo.

Shouldn't edges of image output of this test program be sharp, even
without a call to cairo_pattern_set_filter ?

	Emmanuel.