[cairo] Re: Public api for getting cairo_glyph_t

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 06:31:42 PST 2006

On 1/9/06, Mike Emmel <mike.emmel at gmail.com> wrote:
> This may be stupid but I was looking for a public api for getting the
> cairo_glyph_t
> or the index. I'm just not seeing anything. Is there and api ?
>
> Mike

I might add before I get flamed ...

 Cairo doesn't expose any way of converting input text
 * into glyphs, so in order to use the Cairo interfaces that take
 * arrays of glyphs, you must directly access the appropriate
 * underlying font system.

I understand this but then at this point there seems to be no official way
to access the underlying font system to ensure the index's are correct without
making a lot of assumptions. I saw how pango does it and it seems to
be a matter of it works because pango knows the details of the
implementation.

Mike