[cairo] Re: Documentation

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jan 10 08:10:07 PST 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:34:04 +1100, Russell Shaw wrote:
> It is too big a step to figure out everything enough to submit
> any kind of complete document, so *useful* incremental functional
> docs that follow the learning curve of the submitter are much
> more practical and are easier corrected on the list.

I agree. And that's what I said I would like to see first for the
cairo_operator_t documentation. The first-step documentation would not
have any rendering equations in it, for example.

> It never fealt right to me that thousands of functions are needed
> for things like a drawing api ...

I agree:

	cairo/src:$ grep cairo_public *.h | wc -l
	201

>                                     By generating a configuration
> file with a graphical CAD tool, all the parameters can be parsed by
> the toolkit, meaning there's no large api to write or learn.

I'm afraid you've lost me here. I'm not sure what you're referring to,
nor how it relates to cairo.