[cairo] About cairo_show_text and UTF-8...

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:53:30 PST 2006

On 1/10/06, Federico Mena Quintero <federico at ximian.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 11:12 -0600, Mike Emmel wrote:
> > I think there would be a lot of intrest in a small version of glib/gobject.
>
> Small in what sense?
>
> Where is the current size (in whatever terms you would mention) a
> problem?
>
> How did you measure it?

I'd say someth on the order of 10-30k i.e a pretty lightweight C object api.
A lot of the problem is in the fact you drag in all of glib to get GObject.
GObject itself get reject for use in projects often simply because you
need all of glib for GObject. I would think a mini-Gobject would stand
a chance of getting used more often. I know of no core libraries
outside of Gnome/GTK that use GObject mainly because of the size
issue.

Mike