[cairo] GObject

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Thu Jan 12 08:10:27 PST 2006

Qui, 2006-01-12 às 09:46 -0600, Mike Emmel escreveu:
[...]
> I think it does feel some roles well it just that when you leave the
> gnome environment its tough to sell GObject. No big deal I think pango
> is a good piece of software I hate that I'm finding myself in a
> position where I can't use it but thats life.

  You have to realize that glib/gobject != gnome.  Those two libraries
are just a small fraction of a typical gnome stack.  And look at the
GStreamer example: it is gobject based, yet they even use it in amarok,
a KDE program (!)  This should not be such a big deal...  I'm sure you
can do a better job selling GObject.. ;-)

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<gjc at inescporto.pt> <gustavo at users.sourceforge.net>