[cairo] Compiling Error

Got.cha at gmx.de Got.cha at gmx.de
Wed Jan 25 08:43:08 PST 2006

Hello,
thx jason

in "Xrender.h": (located in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/extensions/Xrender.h)

[ SNIP ]
 * $XFree86: xc/lib/Xrender/Xrender.h,v 1.10 2001/12/27 01:16:00 keithp Exp
$
[ SNIP ]
#define PictStandardA1 4
[ SNIP ]

I tried to install libXrender-0.8.4 to get a newer Xrender.h, but it says
something like, Render headers too old:

[ SNIP ]
configure: error: Library requirements (render >= 0.8) not met;
[ SNIP ]

Trying xrender-0.8.1 fails with a similar error message. I cannot find a
render package with an appropriate version number, all too old. Thus I guess
the render (not xrender) package is located within another package. Which
packages should be updated? I am using a suse 8.1 box. This is what I did.
Any further help is appreciated.