[cairo] Drawing text with Windows bitmap fonts

Stuart Parmenter stuartp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 14:18:25 PST 2006

Has anyone gotten win32 bitmap fonts to render using cairo?  I'm using
cairo_show_glyphs() with glyph indexes I've gotten from Uniscribe.
Things fall apart in _cairo_win32_scaled_font_init_glyph_metrics in
cairo-win32-font.c when it tries to do GetGlyphOutlineW().  According
to the MSDN docs, using GGO_GLYPH_INDEX means that it is a true type
index, which I'm not sure if bitmap fonts really respect.
GetGlyphOutlineW ends up failing...  I could be going down the wrong
path here.. was wondering if anyone else had done more digging or had
any suggestions.

thanks,
stuart