[cairo] CAIRO_FORMAT_A8 / stride

Nikolaj Thygesen nikolaj.thygesen at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 1 13:38:59 PDT 2006

Howdy list,

    I'm new to Cairo and this list, and I'm currently doing a graphics gtk+
application in which I want to render text to a Cairo
CAIRO_FORMAT_A8/image_surface using Pango. Now I'm wondering whether it's a
feature or a bug, when stride insists on being a multiple of four even when
using CAIRO_FORMAT_A8 == one byte / pixel??? It looks like the rendering
chops off the two least significant bits of the stride, but I've found no
documents documenting this "feature", which seems odd to me.

    br - Nikolaj Thygesen