[cairo] CAIRO_FORMAT_A8 / stride

Nikolaj Thygesen nikolaj.thygesen at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 3 01:08:40 PDT 2006

    All the processors I know access single bytes at any address, so perhaps
the 32-bit rule could be enforced only when needed?? I haven't thoroughly
looked at the code, but the stride thing just makes
cairo_image_surface_create_for_data() a bit too implementation dependent; at
least if the idea was for the program to utilize any private buffer for
rendering. As a minimum this limitation should be mentioned in the docs, but
"fixing" it would be way better :o)

    br - Nikolaj Thygesen