[cairo] bindings and new svg version API

Jonathon Jongsma jonathon.jongsma at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 09:47:04 PDT 2006

I'm trying to finish up wrapping the new 1.2 API for cairomm (C++) and
I have a question on the new svg version API.

There are 3 new functions here:
cairo_svg_surface_restrict_to_version
cairo_svg_get_versions
cairo_svg_version_to_string

The first one is obviously meant to be a class member function, but
the last two are not associated with any Surface object, but they are
obviously closely related to the svg surface type.  I'm leaning toward
making them static member functions of SvgSurface, but they could also
just be wrapped as standalone functions.  I'm curious what other
bindings have done, or whether those who designed the API had any
expectations for language bindings here.

Thanks
--
jonner