[cairo] ld: Undefined symbol: _compress with cairo 1.2.0 on Mac OS X; cairo 1.1.10 was fine

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Jul 11 06:24:09 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 06:00 -0400, John Ellson wrote:

> The compress() reference comes from cairo-pdf-surface.c:636 in
> compress_dup()

Ah, my fault.  Reading through configure.in, I see we have been linking
to zlib for PDF backend already.  So I cannot guess what's going wrong
other there, other than stale configure caches.

I just fixed configure.in to disable PDF backend if zlib is not found.
It helps if you test with cairo from git, remove config.cache, and test
again.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/