[cairo] Building Cairo on a Suse 8

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jul 11 14:04:10 PDT 2006

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 17:04:29 +0200, Alberto Mardegan wrote:

> ./configure --prefix=$HOME --enable-xlib-xrender=no

Hmmm... we did recently add that to disable the installation of the
cairo-xlib-xrender.pc file.

> cairo-xlib-surface.c: In function `_CAIRO_FORMAT_TO_XRENDER_FORMAT':
> cairo-xlib-surface.c:194: `PictStandardA1' undeclared (first use in this function)

But nobody has ever done the work to actually make cairo-xlib
compilable without the X render library headers.

> Anybody can help?
> I cannot upgrade X in this machine (notice also the "--prefix=$HOME") switch.

All you need here is the Xrender library to get cairo to compile
happily. You won't need to change anything in the X server at all.

And fortunately with the new, modular X sources, you'll only need a
couple of tiny packages here, (the X render protocol module, and the X
render library module).