[cairo] cairo 1.2.0 text drawing problem

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 09:26:25 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've been waiting for 10 days but no one seems care to report this problem.

1. Some text do not appear (most of the time it's happened in Firefox, but
some other programs using cairo has this problem too), while some text
shows fine.
2. (in Firefox) When I select the disappeared text, it came back to be visible.
3. This problem is not reproduceable (though happens quite frequently)
4. Only cairo 1.2.0 has this problem, cairo 1.0.4 works fine.
5. I'm using fontconfig 2.3.2, gtk 2.10.0 and pango 1.13.3.

A comparison:

http://gzjjgod.googlepages.com/wrong.png
http://gzjjgod.googlepages.com/right.png

I'm wondering if there are any way I can trace the bug and provide some
more useful information?

Regards,
jjgod.