[cairo] OS/2 backend support files

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 00:28:56 PDT 2006

2006/7/29, Peter Weilbacher (Mozilla) <mozilla at weilbacher.org>:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:42:15 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> >On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:47:30 +0200, "Peter Weilbacher (Mozilla)" wrote:
> >
> >> - OS/2 does not allow to set png_CFLAGS in the environment (every
> >>   variable is automatically uppercased). I don't know how to deal with
> >>   this, so the OS/2ers either have to set CFLAGS including PNG specific
> >>   flags
> >
> >I don't know anything about this one. Where do we use png_CFLAGS as an
> >environment variable? (Which does look odd, if nothing else.)
>
> I still have no clue where the "png_CFLAGS" are coming from but it probably
> has something to do with the autotools magic, I see none of them in
> configure.in but lots of them in configure (even though they don't appear in
> the dir with all the autotools), e.g. the line
>   png_CFLAGS  C compiler flags for png, overriding pkg-config

Yes, this is due to calling

  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(png, $png_REQUIRES)

which automatically defines envvars like png_CFLAGS and png_LIBS. Also
noticed that the backend testing uses mixed case variable elsewhere
too and while I'm not sure I decrypted the (impressive looking, I
might add ;) autofoo used there right, I bet there is more of them
generated automatically from them.

I guess those should be changed if it creates problems for some platforms?

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi