[cairo] SVG Backend rewrite (drop libxml2)

Emmanuel Pacaud emmanuel.pacaud at univ-poitiers.fr
Wed Jun 14 01:41:32 PDT 2006

Hi,

Le mardi 13 juin 2006 à 18:32 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg a écrit :
> Here's a patch to rewrite the SVG backend to not use libxml2 for
> output, but just use the cairo output streams.

Great !

> The patches leading up
> to the actual rewrite introduce a cairo_memory_stream_t that just
> buffers the data in memory.  The SVG backend already builds up the
> entire document as an in-memory document tree, so switching to
> in-memory streams isn't a performance regression.

Since you removed all libxml tree memory consumption, not only it's not
a performance regression, that's above all a nice performance
improvement.

By the way, given you had to touch almost all of cairo-svg-surface.c,
don't hesitate to tell me if you've seen some weird things in this
code...

	Emmanuel.