[cairo] Re: cairo gradients

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Thu Jun 15 14:59:55 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 10:00 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> [Feel free to drop the cairo list from any replies unless we get back
> to something cairo-specific.]
>
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:25:19 -0400, David Reveman wrote:
> >
> > Yes, VendorRelease <= 70000000 is not good enough as I don't think it
> > got fixed for 7.1. xgl-0-0-1 branch contains appropriate gradient
> > updates.
> >

> OK. Then Let's get these fixes merged up. Here's a log I computed for
> things in the xgl-0-0-1 that are obviously not Xgl-specific. The
> command I used for this is:
>
> 	git log master..xgl-0-0-1 -- fb render mi
>
> In other words, show me a log for all commits reachable by xgl-0-0-1
> that are not reachable master but only if they affect the fb, render,
> or mi directories.
>
> In this simple case where there's been a single branch off and never
> any merge back, the "master..xgl-0-0-1" notations just means all
> commits since that branchpoint. But in the future, as we start using
> git merges rather than giant "sync to head" commits, that same
> notation will express something more powerful, (which is the
> "reachable" description I gave above).
>
> What this command doesn't indicate is which of these commits already
> have identical commits in master already. For example, bugzilla
> indicates that the fixes for bugs #6867 and #6642. And a lot of these
> are YUV-specific. So if you scan through what's left, is it obvious to
> you if the fix I'm looking for is here?
>
> And is there more in here that should be merged over?

These gradient updates went into xgl before it was moved to xorg tree so
you have to look in kdrive tree for those changes.

A fix for the server crash should be pretty small. However, larger
changes are needed for accurate gradient rendering. I fixed the gradient
code in pixman so that we could switch cairo over to it. Xgl branch is
using this newer gradient code but master branch is still using the old
code.

We can probably convert the pixman patches to fb without too much
trouble.

-David