[cairo] Makefile problem on mac os x

Fabien Costantini fab672000 at yahoo.fr
Sat Jun 24 02:21:20 PDT 2006

Hello,
I'm new in this forum so I'll introduce myself first :
my name is Fabien Costantini,
I currently working (in the OpenSource field) as a core developer on FLTK2 (fltk.org)
which is a cross-platform GUI Toolkit written in C++.

We actually are very enthusiastic about this beautiful piece of work that is Cairo,
so first thanks a lot for your excellent work !

We plan to integrate fully cairo in our drawing/rendering engine.
For now, we have an experimental cairo xlib support and also recently a win32
cairo experimental support.

I'm also very interested to the Quartz port so here's one first problem
I had with the cairo makefiles I would like to report:

On Mac OS X 10.4.6 ppc, autoconf 2.59, gcc 4.0.1 (darwin ppc) :

After running successfully:

autoconf
./configure --disable-xlib --enable-atsui --enable-quartz

I get in the src/ subdir a Makefile that seems to still has autoconf
variable references of
@PNGLIB_MAJOR@
@libdir@

here's a diff of the quick (and dirty) fix i made on my local system to make
it compile so that you can see where it happens :
235c235
< CAIRO_CFLAGS =    -I at includedir@/libpng at PNGLIB_MAJOR@       -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes     -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations     -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing
---
> CAIRO_CFLAGS =    -I at includedir@/libpng12       -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes     -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations     -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing
268c268
< CAIRO_LIBS =   -Xlinker -framework -Xlinker Carbon  -L at libdir@ -lpng at PNGLIB_MAJOR@
---
> CAIRO_LIBS =   -Xlinker -framework -Xlinker Carbon  -L$(libdir) -lpng12
361c361
< PNG_CFLAGS = -I at includedir@/libpng at PNGLIB_MAJOR@
---
> PNG_CFLAGS = -I at includedir@/libpng12