[cairo] Re: [cairo-commit] doc/public src/cairo-svg.h src/cairo-svg-surface.c

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue May 2 10:54:37 PDT 2006

On Tue,  2 May 2006 06:00:18 -0700 (PDT), Emmanuel Pacaud committed:

>     I've removed cairo_svg_surface_create_xxx functions, and instead implemented
>     the following ones:
>
>     cairo_svg_surface_restrict_to_version
>     cairo_svg_get_versions
>     cairo_svg_version_to_string

This looks good to me. Thanks for doing it. Just a couple of minor
comments on the documentation below. Oh, and one other more important
thing I just happened to notice, but I'll put that in a separate mail.

> +/**
> + * cairo_svg_surface_restrict_to_version:
> + * @surface: a SVG #cairo_surface_t
> + * @version: SVG version
> + *
> + * Restricts the generated SVG file to @version.

Needs something like the following here:

	See cairo_svg_get_versions() for a list of available version
	values that can be used here.

> +/**
> + * cairo_svg_get_versions:
> + * @version: supported version list
> + * @num_versions: list length
> + *
> + * Returns the list of supported versions.

And here maybe just:

	See cairo_svg_surface_restrict_to_version().

> + * cairo_svg_version_to_string:
> + * @version: a version id
> + *
> + * Returns the string associated to given @version. This function
> + * will return NULL if @version isn't valid. See @cairo_svg_get_versions
> + * for a way to get the list of valid version ids.
> + **/

Just a note about gtk-doc syntax, the @ prefix is for parameters. For a
function name, you wall to use a () suffix. So that should be:

	cairo_svg_get_versions()