[cairo] New API: cairo_ps_surface_set_size

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue May 2 13:44:48 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006 13:28:09 -0700, Ralph Giles wrote:
> > The current output from the test (which demonstrates a PostScript file
> > consisting of various paper sizes and orientations) can be seen here:
> >
> > 	http://cairographics.org/~cworth/images/ps-features.ps
>
> Evince does the correct thing here, but you probably already knew that.

Yes, that much I did check---as well as gv. And both work great.

What would be an interesting datapoint here is if someone can
demonstrate this file failing to do the right thing with respect to
actual printing onto paper of different sizes.

Then, we'd have a bug that we could use to demonstrate a fix with the
upcoming DSC comment stuff.

But that's not really all that important, as the current direction of
the DSC comment stuff is for cairo to get out of the way as much as
possible so the application can do whatever it needs to do. And in
that case, it's no longer cairo's problem to provide the right answer,
and instead it is up to the application to get all the details right.