[cairo] Re: [cairo-announce] cairo snapshot 1.1.6 now available

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Fri May 5 01:11:34 PDT 2006

On Sex, 2006-05-05 at 00:10 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
[...]
> What's new in 1.1.6 compared to 1.1.4
> =====================================
> API additions
> -------------
> The long-awaited group-rendering support is now available with the
> following function calls:
>
> 	cairo_push_group
> 	cairo_push_group_with_content
> 	cairo_pop_group
> 	cairo_pop_group_to_source
> 	cairo_get_group_target

  I was wondering if this API could be used for generating SVG named
groups.  I have seen SVG files generated by pylab containing XML
elements like <g id="axis"> ... </g>.  Can/could cairo generate them
with the SVG backend?  Though that is not a fundamental feature, it
would be a quite welcome one...

> This API provides a much more convenient mechanism for doing rendering
> to an intermediate surface without the need to manually create a
> temporary cairo_surface_t and a temporary cairo_t and clean them up
> afterwards.
[...]

  Regards,

--