[cairo] User font take 2

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri May 5 11:46:18 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 21:09 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here's an update on the user font feature that I've been working on.
> Since the last update, I've made poppler use user fonts for rendering
> type3 fonts, and I've incorporated some of Behdads suggestion from his
> reply.  Patch against cairo head is attached or browse the code in the
> user-font branch in my git archive.

Is there some reason to present this as a callback API instead of just a
way to lodge user fonts into the cairo system by providing sufficient
information? It seems like something very similar to the PS Type3
mechanism would work nicely and avoid a huge pile of application and
cairo complexity/locking issues.

keith.packard at intel.com