[cairo] Re: Using cairo on windows?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 13 10:57:16 PDT 2006

Howdy.

I can't tell you how many times I had this exact same problem.  To be
honest, I'd be happy if I could get *expletive* pkg-config to compile so
that the configure script would be able to find the libraries (which I
would gladly point it to manually, but it doesn't seem to want to let
me) and...

Nevermind.  I'm just going to end up ranting about how much I hate the
GNU toolchain :P

Anyway.  http://www.gimp.org/%7Etml/gimp/win32/downloads.html

You want "cairo-1.0.4.zip", the binary distribution at "libpng 1.2.8",
and "Zlib 1.2.3" (you can search on those strings to find them in the
page).  That *should* be it,  Just pop libcairo-2.dll, libpng13.dll and
zlib1.dll into your working directory or system PATH, and away you go!

That gives you the base cairo functions, the PNG functions, and the
Win32 functions.

Why this is not linked from the cairo website will forever escape me.
Tor Lillqvist is my hero :)

	-- Daniel "die pkg-config, die!" Keep

--

v1sw5+8Yhw5ln4+5pr6OFma8u6+7Lw4Tm6+7l6+7D
a2Xs3MSr2e4/6+7t4TNSMb6HTOp5en5g6RAHCP    http://hackerkey.com/