[cairo] RE: You have been unsubscribed from the cairo-announce mailing list

Mike Shaver mike.shaver at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 05:54:24 PST 2006

On 11/3/06, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> I understand completely. I'm also exceedingly annoyed by
> subscribe-to-post and it pained me to enable that for cairo's lists. I
> know it must discourage lots of useful messages coming through and
> that's a tragedy.

Yeah, subscribe-to-post is a fairly serious disaster for Mozilla too,
though we use a "if you're subscribed to any of our lists, you can
post to any of our lists" hack to make it somewhat better.

Having it reflected (bidirectionally) to Google Groups via Giganews
actually turned out to help quite a bit, since there was a way to post
without subscribing; not sure if that's something you could set up for
the cairo lists as well.

Mike