[cairo] RE: You have been unsubscribed from the cairo-announce mailing list

Ralph Giles giles at ghostscript.com
Fri Nov 3 10:03:50 PST 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 06:24:56PM +0100, Carlo Wood wrote:

> If you let mail through that has X-this-is-not-spam: and that becomes
> well known to work for all Mailman lists - then the chance is pretty
> small that spammers will add that header to their spam imho.

Maybe if it were a standard all developers used, with MUA support. We
have a whitelist keyword (either in the subject or an X-Fnord: mail
header) on the ghostscript.com mailing lists, and it's been a disaster.
We don't have to clean the spam filters anymore, but only the core
developers can remember how to post to the lists, so it effectively
killed outside traffic. I don't recommend it.

 -r