[cairo] Language bindings: No mutable paths?

Torsten Schoenfeld kaffeetisch at gmx.de
Wed Nov 8 11:43:42 PST 2006

Aloha,

the language bindings guide[1] states that language bindings "should not
present an API for mutating or for creating new cairo_path_t objects."
Well, up to now that didn't seem necessary to me, so I just followed the
guide.  But then Behdad presented his "twisted cairo" example[2] which
shows off how to layout text along a path with cairo and pango.  It
manipulates a path.

So, does the advice not to allow path manipulation still hold?
--
Bye,
-Torsten

[1] http://www.cairographics.org/manual/bindings-path.html