[cairo] Win + Cario + SVG? Help?

Simon Flannery simon_flannery at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 16 20:59:51 PST 2006

I would like to know if it is possible to load and render (dispaly to the sreeen/rendering-context) a simple svg file using Cairo with Windows XP. And if yes, then is there a MS VS C++ .NET (2003 / 2005) sample project setup and ready to download? I have Cairo setup and compiling, but the only function I can see for SVG file i/o is cairo_svg_surface_create which ONLY creates a file and does not render it!

I also found this snippent of code:

svg_cairo_t *svgc;
unsigned int w, h;
snippet_normalize (cr, width, height);
svg_cairo_create (&svgc);
svg_cairo_parse (svgc, "data/home.svg");
svg_cairo_get_size (svgc, &w, &h);
cairo_scale (cr, 1.0/w, 1.0/h);
svg_cairo_render (svgc, cr);
svg_cairo_destroy (svgc);

However, ALL of the functions and types ARE NOT defined!

Help! Thanks.