[cairo] cairo-xlib-surface.c:402: _swap_ximage_to_native:Assertion `NOT_REACHED' failed.

Daniel Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 10:46:03 PST 2006

On 11/21/06, Damian Dixon <Damian.Dixon at tenet.co.uk> wrote:

> Daniel Amelang Wrote:
>
> > Carl/whoever is listening: could a quick stopgap measure be to do a
> conversion from 24bpp
>
> > to 32bpp before the image is handed over to pixman (or write a conversion
> function
>
> > in pixman that cairo-xlib can call)? Ideally, one would want pixman to
> support 24bpp
>
> > directly, but since that's a lot of work, and this isn't a common case, it
> might
>
> > be worth considering a slow and messy approach. People don't call
> _acquire_(source|dest)_image
>
> > in their display loop anyways, right?
>

> While I am not using cario I am hovering on the list because almost all of
> my work is writing
>
> code for drawing Raster and Vector map's as fast as possible on X11 targets.
>

> In my line of work 8,16 and 24 bit display depths are very common. 32 bit
> depth's are the least common :>>

Yes, but the issue is not the color depth, it's the bits per pixel. It
is common to have 24-bit depth, yes, but less so to have 24bpp. Cairo
is broken on X Servers that use 24bpp for Pixmaps, but it works fine
on 32bpp servers that have 24-bit color depth.

At least that is my understanding. I'm a little concerned that Carl or
Keith hasn't chimed in to give a more authoritative response.

Dan