[cairo] _cairo_lround (and effects on positioning of text)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Nov 22 16:28:23 PST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 19:22:47 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Yeah.  If someone doesn't ask for metrics hinting for display, that's
> their fault.  With metrics hinting enabled, rounding in cairo doesn't
> matter much.  Pango isn't (ignoring bugs) generating non-pixel-aligned
> glyph coordinates.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

I've now pushed out Daniel's three recent patchsets (7 commits in
total) along with a change first to fix the clip-operator test not
pass a half-integer value.

(I remembered only just after pushing that I didn't fix the other
three tests that have the same idiom. I'll do that now).