[cairo] Vector output

Kieran McCusker kieran.mccusker at kwest.info
Thu Nov 23 03:47:46 PST 2006

Hi

I'm new to the list so please bear with me.

I have been using cairo on Linux to generate business graphs which are
then put into web pages or imported into documents.  These look fine in
the browser as pngs but to get acceptable quality for the documents I
need to scale them pretty dramatically which really bulks up the
documents and still gives lower quality than I had before when using
windows emfs (although the graphs are more sophisticated).

None of the vector formats are suitable for importing into documents
(either Oo or MS Word).  Does anyone have any ideas?

Many Thanks

Kieran