[cairo] Updated bibliography for cairo

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Nov 30 08:30:44 PST 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:32:36 +0100, Mathieu Lacage wrote:
> I usually recommend the following textbook for a good visual
> introduction to some of the topics you talk about below.
>
> "Computational Geometry, Algorithms and Applications"
> by de Berg, M., van Kreveld, M., Overmars, M., Schwarzkopf, O.

Thanks. In the original email I wrote I had an introductory paragraph
saying something along the lines of:

	The proper introduction is really a good textbook on
	computational geometry.

But I also didn't know exactly which textbook to recommend.
Embarrassingly enough I haven't read one yet---when I was at USC/ISI
doing the original work on cairo I enjoyed taking advantage of the
tremendous ease of getting my hands on original papers.

So, thanks for the recommendation. I'll add that to the bibliography
and probably pick up a copy.

> The original work was never published other than through internal memos:
> "Outillages methodes calcul",
> P de Casteljau, technical report, - Andre Citroen Automobiles SA, Paris,
> 1959

Thanks I'll note that and direct the reader to the textbook.

> > 	Convex hull algorithm
> > 	[need a citation here]

I'll direct to a textbook here as well.