[cairo] User fonts

T Rowley tor at cs.brown.edu
Thu Nov 30 11:28:11 PST 2006

I'm interesting the ability to specify user fonts for cairo, to help in
implementing SVG fonts for mozilla.  Looking through the cairo mailing
list archive, it seems that Kristian come up with an implementation in
April/May of this year, but inclusion on the mainline was stalled on API
decisions.  Is there anything I can do to help move this feature along?

My opinion on the API issue - a dictionary approach would be enough for
outline SVG fonts (<glyph> "d" attribute), but I think callbacks would
be needed for general child content of <glyph>.

-tor