[cairo] more than obtaining the bound of a path.

satish kambala satish.kambala at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 00:07:07 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I am new to cairo and recently learnt about 'cairo_stroke_extents' which
gives the bounding box for the path after rendering. While this is fine, I
would like to know if there is any way we can check if the path after
rendering falls in a rectangular bound.

For example, I have few lines with coords  ranging from (0,0) - (100, 100)
and for each path I would like to find out if it lies in (25, 25) - (50,50)
after it is being rendered. Is there any API to get this directly??

I assume clipping might help here, but remember that I have to find this for
all paths. So I would expect that an API would be much faster than myself
doing clipping or other things.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Satish