[cairo] more than obtaining the bound of a path.

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Oct 2 12:31:33 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 15:10 -0400, Carl Worth wrote:

> Thats for complete containment. I'm not sure if that's what you meant
> by "lies in" or if you simply wanted non-zero intersection, but that
> would also be pretty easy to do as well.
>
> Easy enough? Or did I misunderstand what you wanted to do?

Non-zero intersection is non-trivial, for both stroke and fill.  That
needs some new hit-testing API/surface/...

Consider stroking a huge circle of radius 10000 centered at 0,0 on the
screen with default CTM.  It should be a no-op, but it will most
probably consume 100% CPU for a few seconds.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Dan Bern, "New American Language"