[cairo] XRender and fontconfig in cairo-xlib-screen.c should be conditional?

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Mon Oct 2 21:29:43 PDT 2006

Dear Sir,

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:34:51 -0400
Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
>> Although I'm not sure if xlib surface without freetype2 backend
>> is still usable, configure script allows me to configure xlib
>> surface backend without freetype2, fontconfig and xrender.
>>
>> If it is designed to do so (xlib without font backend is permitted),
>> I wish a few conditionals are introduced in cairo-xlib-screen.c
>> to mask fontconfig/xrender dependent part.
>
>I like your patch.  Just:
>
>  - It's not complete as you already mentioned.
>
>  - You should simply use CAIRO_HAS_FT_FONT and
>CAIRO_HAS_XLIB_XRENDER_SURFACE that are defined in cairo-features.h
>
>Feel free to submit a complete version.
>
>behdad

Here I send revised version of the patch to mask fontconfig-
dependent and xrender-dependent part by conditionals.
I wrote patch for cairo-1.2.4 and cairo head on git repository.

My patch often causes "unsupported" errors at where xrender
features are used originally. I'm afraid there might be
better work-around without error by pure X11 functions.
If you find such part, please let me know.

In addition, I send patch for legacy glibc-2.0.x systems
that lack stdint.h/inttypes.h (thus no (u)int64_t types).
I remember there was a patch to remove explicit requirement
of 64bit integer type, but it was not approved yet.

Regards,
mpsuzuki