[cairo] building OSX target from git clone

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Mon Oct 9 09:01:27 PDT 2006

For the few others that build cairo for OSX, how do you set up your
build box?

I used darwinports to install cogito, and then "cloned" my first git
repository ever. Now I'm trying to run ./autogen.sh and it dies:

Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>
            (version 1.9 or newer is required)
libtoolize: command not found

./autogen.sh: ERROR: You must have `libtoolize' installed to compile
cairo.
            (version 1.4 or newer is required)
./autogen.sh: Error: Could not find pkg-config macros.
         (Looked in /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4)
         If pkg.m4 is available in /another/directory, please set
         ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I /another/directory"
         Otherwise, please install pkg-config.

pkg-config is available from:
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/

I don't see libtoolize as a darwinports package, it's probably there
under some other name or something.

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist