[cairo] building OSX target from git clone

Nicolas Setton setton at adacore.com
Tue Oct 10 01:39:05 PDT 2006

Hi Travis &al,

> OK, I'm getting close. Thanks to tips both private and here in
> list. What I've done so far is:
>
> port install cogito
> cg-clone -s git://git.cairographics.org/git/cairo
> port install libtool
> edit the autogen.sh file, changed the first ${LIBTOOLIZE-
> libtoolize} with ${LIBTOOLIZE-glibtoolize} "I must admit that
> variable expression makes now sense to me"
> port install automake
> port install pkgconfig
> port install libpng "trial and error determined all 4 of these lines"
> ./autogen.sh --enable-atsui --enable-quartz
> make

I succeed with a different approach:

  - git clone cairo in one directory
  - uncompress the release tarball in another directory
  - copy files that would have been generated by autogen.sh from the
release tarball (ie, the "configure" script, the files "Makefile.in"
in various dirs, "libtool", "install-sh" and a few others)
  - run configure as I would normally have

This worked for me.

I know this is a bit uncivilized, but I just wanted to compile cairo
and couldn't be bothered to find and install the proper versions of
automake, libtool, and the like.

Hope this helps!

Nico