[cairo] What is "pangocairo"?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Oct 19 08:24:45 PDT 2006

    Gustavo> When you compile pango, if cairo is installed it compiles a
    Gustavo> pangocairo library, which provides a pango backend to draw text
    Gustavo> on cairo surfaces.

    Gustavo> I suggest you look closely at the pango configure log to find
    Gustavo> out why pangocairo was not built.

I've been looking.  As far as I can tell, pango's configure thinks a
relevant cairo is installed, yet it doesn't build the cairo backend.  As
time marched on and I dug deeper I came up with more details and realized
the gtk-i18n list was the right place for this problem:

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.gtk%2B.internationalization/2306

Still, if anyone here has any clues about the problem I don't really care
where the solution comes from. ;-)

Thx,

Skip