[cairo] Speeding up _cairo_fixed_from_double

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Oct 27 05:26:21 PDT 2006

Daniel Amelang wrote:
> On 10/26/06, Owen Taylor <otaylor at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Note that AC_C_BIGENDIAN almost never requires a runtime check:
>
> Thanks for the tip. I'm now using this approach in my m4 macro, and it
> seems to work great.
>
> Which means we won't need to actually execute any code in the
> configure stage, and thus we elegantly sidestep the cross-compiling
> concerns that this thread has spawned.

but not the "fat" binary concerns on Mac OS X.  Remember, all of
the major open source desktop toolkits are moving to Cairo, and
the easier you make it to create a Universal version of Cairo for
Mac OS X, the better chance applications based on those toolkits
will have of working on that platform...