[cairo] filters/image processing

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimirv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 19:12:28 PDT 2006

On 9/3/06, MenTaLguY <mental at rydia.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 10:39 +1200, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> > tor can probably tell us which SVG filters people actually want to use.
>
> Argh, all of them, please?  I'd rather not have to deal with which
> subset of filter effects particular browsers happen to support.

You're going to have to deal with this anyway, as some filters will be
more performant than others in a given browser.  The best that you can
hope for is that the major SVG-implementing browser vendors agree on a
subset that they can all accelerate, and leave the rest to rot.
(Really, much like the way the SVG "standard" itself is being
implemented.)

    - Vlad