[cairo] new win32 makefiles

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimirv at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 11:56:34 PDT 2006

I've checked in some patches yesterday that add Makefile.win32's to
the source directories, which will build cairo using VC (only tested
with VC8).  This will spit out both a cairo-static.lib and a
cairo.dll/cairo.lib combo in the src directory.  In addition, all the
tests will build, and will run if they can find cairo.dll in the path
(I'd suggest copying cairo.dll from the src dir into the test dir
temporarily) -- ideally the tests would link with the static version
of cairo, but there are some static data initialization issues.

I'll get around to putting in a README.win32 or somesuch in the
toplevel, but in the meantime, here are some notes:

- You'll still need gnu make.

- You'll need to create src/cairo-features.h yourself.  It should
include the defines for WIN32_SURFACE, PS, PDF, SVG, WIN32_FONT, and
PNG_FUNCTIONS.  I'll probably just create a cairo-features.h.win32 and
copy that into place as part of the build proces.

- You'll need libpng somewhere where VC can find it

- Currently it builds a cairo with debug info; (/Zi /O2) I'll have a
patch that will allow specifying DEBUG=1 or DEBUG=0 on the make line
to enable/disable this.

If you have any problems, let me know -- note that I don't really want
this to support any combination of backends/etc. that cairo supports,
but instead just the core set of features that run on win32 without
external dependencies except for png (e.g. if you want to build on
win32 with the xlib and freetype backends, you'll have to use
configure).

    - Vlad