[cairo] Font size, how to make it very small?

Dirk Schönberger dirk.schoenberger at sz-online.de
Mon Sep 11 08:20:40 PDT 2006

> Umm, maybe we should add a note to that page.  It's correct to use those
> numbers in those snippets as the normalize_snippet call is adding a huge
> scale and as you see all coordinates are also < 1.0

Does this means that cairo scales the font size, instead of the curve
outlines
for the text?
And what about non-equale scale value, i.e. your CTM is 200% vertical, but
only 100% horizontal?
Fonts (or rather text extents for a given text and a given font) do scale
nonlinear, which I think may lead to some nasty surprises in regards to
WYSIWIG
(render a text at 100% scale and at 200% and you get nonlinear run-lengths
i.e. the text at 200% may less than double the width than the text at
100%)

Regards
Dirk