[cairo] Serious concerns about cairo

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Sun Sep 24 02:25:52 PDT 2006

On 9/24/06, Mike Emmel <mike.emmel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm
> cairo-unicode.c
> and the first step in the font drawing it to call either
> _cairo_utf8_to_ucs4
> or
> _cairo_utf8_to_utf16
>
> Okay I'm fine with utf16  I don't need ucs-2 there the same except
> for the surrogates.

I don't want to get into this thread, as others have already replied enough
and you just don't seem to get it.  As much as I respect your contributions
to cairo, I also believe that you really have no idea what Unicode text
rendering requires.  Anyway, just wanted to note that you are confusing ucs2
with utf16.  Utf16 is the one with surrogates, and covers the entire Unicode
range.  Ucs2 only covers the BMP.  Not the other way around.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/